Mold/Mildew Treatment

 

CleanScene BioRecovery Services are experts in the treatment of mold and mildew and sanitizing/disinfecting your indoor environment from their harmful effects.

 

What is Mold/Mildew?

Mold and Mildew are common terms for fungi that grow on damp surfaces. It grows generally in attics, under carpets, on damp walls, near kitchen sinks, and any place that has a continuous exposure to water, heat and/or humidity. It may be of different colors, blue, green, brown and most often appears as a spotty and flaky kind of growth. The affected area gradually increases in size as Mold and Mildew thrives on exposure to moisture.

 

Health Hazards of Mold/Mildew

In 2004, the Institute of Medicine (IOM) found there was sufficient evidence to link indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tract symptoms, cough, and wheezing in otherwise healthy people; with asthma symptoms in people with asthma; and with hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals susceptible to that immune-mediated condition. The IOM also found suggestive evidence linking indoor mold exposure and respiratory illness in otherwise healthy children.

In light of the above, it is very important that you remediate your indoors if there is presence of Mold/Mildew. Only superficial cleaning up of the area affected by Mold/Mildew is not sufficient. It is important that you employ professional help to treat the affected areas especially if it is spread over a large part of your homes or offices.

 
 

Our Process

We first clean the area and remove all traces of Mold/Mildew. Then, EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) registered fungicide disinfectants are sprayed or applied on the affected areas directly to the source of the Mold. These chemicals kill the last traces of the Mold/Mildew and make it totally fungus-free. This surface area is then 'sealed' thoroughly to prevent any further growth.

Our Expertise

We are certified by ABRA (American Bio-Recovery Association), NIDS (National Institute of Decontamination Specialists) and adhere to EPA and industry standards to ensure that your indoors are safe for habitation. Our technicians are trained to effectively disinfect your homes and make it safe and hygienic for human habitation. We use only the proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as prescribed by the EPA and OSHA.

If you are based in Central Ohio and have an area in your house or office contaminated with Mold/Mildew, we offer treatment and a Certificate of Treatment upon completion of our service. Contact us for more information.

OUR SERVICES

TESTIMONIALS

"After my father took his life with a shotgun, my family didn’t know WHERE to turn. We especially didn’t want my mother to see “the remainder” of the event, so we called CleanScene who responded immediately. They developed a plan where they would take care of my dad’s home while we were making funeral arrangements. Once we came back to my dads house, we could not even tell that something so traumatic had occurred. THANK YOU…THANK YOU, THANK YOU for helping us out in our time of need."

Heather D. writes (College Administrator)

"for almost 8 years we have relied on CleanScene BioRecovery Services expert knowledge to handle the eventual unfound deaths we have had, as well as our Mold issues. Their response time, their billing and pricing, and their overall reliability have been absolutely great for our organization. In fact, we regularly invite Wes Ingram to provide seminars to our 50+ maintenance employees to keep them abreast on changes and updates. Experts and Professionals are just a few adjectives to describe their important work for us."

Andrew S. (Property Manager)